Fishing even Jesus had a fish story shirt

While I was preparing for my first and only trip to China, I read scary stories on the Internet about how dangerous it was to drive. How drivers would ignore traffic lights and pedestrian crosswalks. How people would drive the wrong way on one way streets. How cars would cut you off if there was even a foot or so between you and the car ahead of you. I determined that if the situation arose, I would stay calm and alert, and be the safest driver no matter what the other drivers were doing.
 









































Well, none of that happened. For one thing, I never got a chance to drive. The various car, taxi, and bus drivers we rode with drove normally and followed the rules of the road. It was not substantially different from driving in many American cities. Turns out that I had read a lot of well meaning advice about China on the internet, and virtually none of it was accurate, at least for me. But the lesson stuck with me, and now when I am in traffic and repeat those words, it's easier to accept how other Americans drive, and focus on being alert staying out of situations where an accident could happen.

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Arya Stark not today Game Of Thrones shirt

Disturbia t-shirt slogan generator shirt

Harley Davidson Kid Rock shirt